Innovation was the main attraction at forward-looking Formlandarrow_backTo the overview
31 January 2023
- Focus on sustainability
- Shop furniture
- Fashion & accessories
- Food & drink
- Garden & outdoor
- Seasonal products
- Hobby & Leisure
- Kitchen & tableware
- Home textiles
- Home accessories
- Branding supplies
The interior and design industry was refuelled with brand new knowledge and the latest products and was thus equipped for the future at Formland Spring 2023, which on 29-31 January brought together the entire industry at the MCH Messecenter Herning. Several new initiatives were featured in the exhibition programme, which was warmly received.
New term, new concept showroom and new exhibition. Formland Spring 2023 brought with it several innovations, each of which has contributed to the evolvement of the interior and design fair with its proud traditions. This is evident when the 77th edition of the fair last Tuesday wrapped up after three inspiration-packed days of intense activity.
- We are delighted with the positive and forward-looking fair atmosphere at Formland. We would like to thank both the exhibitors and the 8,163 visiting professionals for this, just as we are pleased with the very positive reception of the innovations at this Formland, i.e. 'Formland Circular Days' and 'Fashion & Lifestyle', says Georg Sørensen and he continues:
- We are grateful for the feedback from both exhibitors and partners and we look forward to continuing the development of Formland together.
New initiatives well received
The 'Formland Circular Days' exhibition featured 31 curated brands with circularity at their core, and the debut was a huge draw from start to finish. So was the new 'Fashion & Lifestyle' concept showroom with exhibitors in fashion and accessories. It turned out - just as expected - to be a successful initiative, says Thomas Klausen, CEO of the trade association Dansk Mode & Textil.
- Several of the exhibitors were excited, but the feedback I have received from them has been positive; they have all been very happy, they have all attracted new customers and they all want to participate again. When you have this kind of lifestyle fair, which is what I would like to call Formland, it is quite natural to follow the retail landscape, and therefore our task will be to make it even better and even bigger next time with more brands and exhibitors. I'm looking forward to that, and so are the fashion exhibitors.
Diversity provides the unexpected opportunities
The broad focus of the fair is highlighted by several exhibitors. This is the case for example for the interiors and applied arts company Chic Antique, which has exhibited at Formland for a number of years.
- When we come together as an industry, the fair attracts many different types of visitors, and that brings us in touch with people and shops that we wouldn't normally reach. We've also been able to attract an incredible number of new customers and leads this time around, and at the same time we're able to forge a personal bond with those we meet here at Formland. We've had some really good days, which is why we plan to continue participating," says Amanda Johnsen from Chic Antique.
The same message comes from Pernille Hove, owner and founder of Hove Home, a furniture and interiors company, and agent for Svanefors of Sweden and PR Home of Scandinavia, all of which were represented at the fair. She praises Formland for keeping up with the times - and calls it a necessity that the fair expands.
- We see it in the way the shops' assortments are composed now - it's much broader, and therefore it's absolutely appropriate that the fair also moves in that direction. At Formland, I meet both existing as well as several new customers, and all in all, it has gone well this time too - both in terms of sales and in terms of the number of new customers. It's a great opportunity to showcase the entire product range, to build awareness and network, and to give and receive inspiration," says Pernille Hove.
Formland Spring, which is usually held over four days from Thursday to Sunday, this time lasted three days from Sunday to Tuesday. The fair was visited by a total of 8,163 people. Formland Autumn 2023 will take place from 20-22 August at the MCH Messecenter Herning.