Formland opened with change, renewal and business in focusarrow_backTo the overview
29 January 2023
- Focus on sustainability
- Shop furniture
- Fashion & accessories
- Food & drink
- Garden & outdoor
- Seasonal products
- Hobby & Leisure
- Kitchen & tableware
- Home textiles
- Home accessories
- Branding supplies
With 315 exhibitors, trend-setting news and an up-to-date activity programme, MCH Messecenter Herning opened its doors this Sunday for the 77th time to the interiors and design industry, which is gathering until Tuesday for the Formland Spring 2023.
- Formland rhymes with change and renewal. Formland also rhymes with pioneering women and men. And Formland rhymes with business.
This is how Georg Sørensen, CEO of MCH A/S, began his welcome speech this Sunday at the opening of Formland Spring 2023. From 29-31 January, the interiors and design industry will be gathering at MCH Messecenter Herning for a programme that will include product news, presentations, workshops, trend zones, award ceremonies - and, not least, networking and business in a time of change.
- We live in an ever-changing world, and especially in these times it is important to meet here at Formland. Because it's when we meet professionally, physically and personally that we become wiser about the present and the future, and opportunities for business and collaboration arise - both the planned and the unexpected opportunities at the fair, Georg Sørensen said, adding:
- Dear Formlanders, you are good at many things, but one of the things you do best is specifically the personal meeting - such was the atmosphere we were greeted by this morning. It is important to be positive in these times, and you manage to be that," the CEO said, sending a big thank you to Formland's 315 exhibitors, as well as to the many partners, speakers and entrepreneurial mentors who contribute to the fair in each their own way.
"All options are open"
Renewal is an ever-present part of Formland, and this time it manifests itself with the new fashion concept hall 'Fashion & Lifestyle' and the exhibition 'Circular Formland Days', featuring 31 curated brands with circularity at their core. Both innovations, which today's opening speaker - Dorte West, the Mayor of Herning - called both visionary and topical in her speech, in which she particularly highlighted the focus of the times, the industry, the exhibitors and the fair on sustainability, climate and the environment.
- There is no doubt that the companies and brands that are fastest at finding new, sustainable solutions and are able to exploit them commercially will be very strong in the years to come, Dorte West said and she added:
- There is every reason to explore the many stands and halls. In Herning we say that "here all possibilities are open" - I am sure that Formland in its own way lives up to this slogan in the best way. In the midst of a time when war and crisis weigh heavily, and when the pandemic has been a tough opponent in the early 20s, it is gratifying that we can meet again and be together to share good experiences, the mayor concluded, before she - with the help of golden confetti - officially declared the fair open.
A universe of inspiration
There are also innovations to discover in Formland's trend areas. Under the title 'Colors - A Living Network', the fair's large Trend Zone zooms in on abstract contexts with a sustainable starting point, while the trend café and the Kunst Pause exhibition offer a Japanese-inspired tribute to art. Both provide a setting for contemporary trend talks, art talks, workshops and presentations. These are complemented by the well-known communities 'Interior ONE', 'Interior & Lifestyle', 'Furniture', 'Living & Garden', 'Taste' and 'Souvenirs & Gifts'.
In keeping with tradition, the spring edition of the fair will also feature the 'Creators Community' - a burgeoning entrepreneurial area consisting of selected start-ups that have undergone a mentoring programme launched by Formland prior to the fair. The first day will be rounded off with the presentation of the Creators Community Award.
Formland Spring 2023 will take place at MCH Messecenter Herning on 29-31 January 2023.